Friday, April 22, 2011

Vacations

Bryce and I have taken two fabulous vacations this year.   The first was in October.  We went to Dallas and stayed in the Gaylord Texan.  If you ever get a chance to stay in a Gaylord hotel anywhere, I highly recommend it.  My mom and I stayed in the Nashville Gaylord and loved it and Bryce and I loved the Gaylord Texan just as much.  While we were there we went to the JFK museum.  I loved it.  But of course the reason for being there was to attend a Dallas Cowboys game in the new stadium.  This was the game that Tony Romo hurt his shoulder.  They lost, again.  Bryce is beginning to think I am bad luck.  Every time he takes me to Texas, the Cowboys lose. 

While we were there we went to an autograph signing and I got to meet one of my favorite players, Tashard Choice. 

Our second vacation was equally as fabulous.  We went on a Caribbean cruise with our friend Jeff.  It was the funnest vacation we have ever been on.  A lot of times when we cruise we play really hard.  We have zip lined, parasailed, jet skied, etc.  This time we moved from one beach to the next. 

We started with two days in Florida and went to Miami Beach and Ft. Lauderdale Beach.  The third and fourth day we were on the boat and layed by the the pool.  The fifth day the boat docked in the Bahamas at Princess Cays.  We had been there before and didn't like it so we stayed on the boat and had the pool all to ourselves.  The sixth day we were in St. Marteen and went to Sunset Beach (my favorite) and also went to Orient Beach.  My mom had warned us about Orient Beach which is a nude beach at one end.  I wish we would have listened to her.  YUCK!  The following day we docked at St. Thomas and we caught the ferry to St. Johns and went to Cinnamon Bay.  The final stop was Grand Turk.  The island isn't much to write home about.  We rented a golf cart and rode it around all day and never stopped laughing.  The water at Grand Turk though was amazing.  I have seen some fabulous water but this was the most crystal clear water I have ever seen.  Loved it!  The final day we spent on the boat again. 

Jeff has most of the pictures on his camera which I will post later.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so jealous of the beach pictures. I am ready for warm weather. The vacations look like tons of fun. I love your comment about the nude beach - ha, ha. Hope you guys had a fabulous Easter.