Monday, December 14, 2009

Wintertime Blahs!


Boredom is not something I am very familiar with.  However, every winter it seems to creep silently back into my life.  This year it has crept in very early. 

It is nearing the end of the term and most of my classes are working on final projects or reviewing for finals.  In teacherland this is usually a very welcomed thing.  Right now I just can't seem to find anything to entertain myself while my students work. 

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty to do.  I need to make Christmas candy, I have toilets that need cleaned, and Christmas shopping to finish.  None of that can be completed sitting in front of this computer monitor though. 

I won't complain too long about boredom because my mother will tell me to get up and do something for someone and the fact of the matter is, I just dont want to. 

Do you think my boss would mind if I broke out a bunsen burner and started boiling up candy in my classroom?

No comments: