Sunday, May 17, 2009

And on the 7th day...

What a weekend! After five years of marriage, Bryce has officially been inducted to the Price family. For those of you who know us, you know when we do something it is all the way. So yesterday I decided that if God can create the Earth in 7 days, surely I can put in a back yard in one. Let me just say, I have finally realized that I'm not God. I know that may come as a shock to some of you.

Talk about a day of work. We had to rake and haul everything off, put in a new step (thank you Colby) and haul in three yards of top soil. Now before all you Idahoans start telling me I'm a big whiner, there were no tractors in Utah. Nope, not even a skid loader. This lawn was put in the old fashioned way with shovels, rakes and wheel barrows. I have to say though, Bryce and the kids were troopers. Grandpa John would be so proud that his Utards learned how to work yesterday.

3 comments:

Cherice said...

Oh, this was such a funny post! Thanks. I needed a good laugh. ;-)

Mama & Papa Griz said...

Sounds like you all had a fun weekend! I would have come and helped, we could have had Payton watch Brett! I will have to come see it one of these days!

Allison Holt said...

Michelle, that is so funny... That's how all of us Price's think. Don thought he could put in 3 acres of yard in two weeks....